background

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Fly By Shatting

Let me set the scene:
It's approximately 7:30 am on a Monday morning as I am on my way to work. My car - such a wonderful hunk of fantastic junk - died on me in the middle of 25E right in front of Walters State, in the midst of rush hour traffic ...so I decided on my lunch break with my splitting headache that made me unable to eat, I would take my car to Advance Auto and see if there was a quick fix they could do until I could really fix it. The gentleman and I are bent over the front of my car, examining all of the hoses (I was trying to show him the one I thought it was) and I felt something hit my back. I thought it was a rain drop, but as I check the sky for any sign of a cloud, (which there was not) it hits me - no pun intended...and I reach around to find out if my suspicions are correct. A big of pile of bird poo had plopped itself firmly on the lower half of the left hand side of my back. My head was hurting so bad I didn't get angry, I didn't laugh like I normally would have...I calmly walked to my car, started it up and grabbed a napkin to wipe it off as the guy is saying, "it's all over your back." Thanks Captain Obvious. I swear the guy was trying so hard not to laugh. He then pointed out the culprit and I vowed to track it down later and beat it to death with my shoe. After the whole fiasco is over and I'm getting in my car to leave, he apologized for the bird...
Later on that day after I had taken some Goody powders and my head was feeling slightly better...I cried because I was laughing so hard....and then told everyone at work about it so they could laugh until they cried. And now? I'm sharing it with all of you...so you can laugh until you cry. And no, butt jerk, no pictures....

No comments: