background

Saturday, May 3, 2008

The Day My Phone Left Me

Well my phone decided to leave me on Friday night. Here's my story...
I'm at Applebee's after a successful first night of Kiwanis Kapers, hanging out with some friends and showing the pictures of all the beautiful "women" when we decide it's time to leave. I can't find my phone. Josh walks out to Leanne's Jeep with me to see if I left it in there...with no luck. We assumed that Leanne had it so we go back in there and she doesn't have it either. Enter panic mode.
Josh and Leanne both swear that I have been calling them and Leanne said that I even responded to a text message she had sent me. I did not. Someone else who left with my phone did. So we go on a massive phone hunt in Greeneville...after a while, I'm just ready to cut my losses and go home but Josh and Leanne are angry at this point and want my phone back worse than I do. The way I look at it, if my phone is that much of a hooker...let 'er go!
Long story short...at about four a.m. Saturday morning, I'm on the phone with the super nice guy that bought my phone in the Applebee's parking lot for $40. Cheap hooker. My heroes of the evening? Leanne for putting up with me and getting mad enough to keep talking to the guy who has it and Josh who actually drove WAY out of his way to meet the guy in the Food Country parking lot to get it back.
My hooker phone tried to forget who she belonged to...deleted all of the pictures, contacts, etc. Funny thing is though - they kept all of my ring tones. Even the one that says "Phone call for Ms. Wonderfullllll" and Pink's song U + Ur Hand...nice huh?

No comments: