background

Monday, November 1, 2010

Thinking

I've been doing some thinking today about where I want this blog to go. It's obvious I don't spend enough time on it to justify keeping it around.

I have always wanted to have a "place" that makes a difference, even if I never know it, to someone and in light of all that's been going on around me this year (and several years prior), I have found my topic.

suicide.

Almost half of the people I know have been affected by it at some point in their lives. Husband, wife, child, grandparent, aunt, uncle, cousin, friend, classmate, co-worker and the list goes on.

This topic is very near and dear to my heart as I have lost two people in my family to this as well as contemplated it myself.

Before I really get started into the topic, let me throw in a little disclaimer. If you don't like what I put up here - Leave. If I post something incorrectly - fact related - please tell me via email tae.nyx@gmail.com. Otherwise, nothing negative or I will delete it. This isn't a forum where you can go to bash others or make them feel worse than they already do. This is to help those who are hurting or to find help for loved ones.

In the days to come, I will tell my story. Not all of it yet, but highlights, and then I will tell you the story of those who I have lost.

If you are thinking about suicide or know someone who is...tell someone before it's too late. This decision could be a permanent one - for you or the person you know.

Here are some websites for you to visit while I start contemplating how to tell my story:

http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

http://www.suicide.org/suicide-warning-signs.html

Choose to live. You are loved whether you realize it or not.

No comments: