background

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Failure

Yeah I wussed out. I tried Monday night. I told him I gave up - I think I used the words "admit defeat" with this relationship.

Somehow, even though he told me that things wouldn't change because "he was doing all he knew to do" and it didn't bother him not to talk to me. I'm still here. Second halfin' it - as he called it.

As a result? I haven't spoken to him over the phone since Monday when I told him I was done and he called pretty much to make me feel like I was the one causing the problems and if I could just deal with not talking to him we would be cool.

My feelings at this point - done. I've pretty much avoided all of his text messages and IM's at work trying to wean myself from the routine/pattern of talking...if there is one to be weaned from. I've stopped responding to his morning texts - which he is consistent in, the only thing he is consistent in. No more, "hey how is your day going" messages. At this point, I don't care if his feelings are hurt; he has no regard for mine and it's taken me 7 months to realize this, but I'm glad it wasn't 7 years.

No comments: